The following is important information about this product. To get the most out of your skin care purchases, please read the full description prior to use.
Our face oils do not have to be refrigerated and they are bottled in an amber-colored glass jar to prevent exposure to light; however, to ensure freshness for the duration of use, it is best to store the oils out of direct sunlight. And if you aren’t going to use the face oils up within a couple of months, we suggest keeping them refrigerated.
This product is all-natural and has a “use by” date that we calculate by using the expiration date of the oil that has the shortest expiration date. After the “use by” date, the oils can start to become ineffective or rancid, and can actually become counter-productive to the desired results. So it’s best to a) keep the bottle out of direct sunlight; b) keep refrigerated if you aren’t planning on using the product for a few months; and, c) use by the “use by” date.
The basic steps to skin care include: cleanser, toner, serum, moisturizer, face oil. But here’s the longer explanation.
Suggested Nighttime Routine
1. Cleanse your face and apply toner or astringent (if needed).
2. While your face is still damp, smooth a small amount of our Fab & 40-ish Anti-Aging Face Serum over your face. Allow the serum to dry, then follow with your favorite moisturizer, if desired.
3. Finally, gently massage a thin layer (3 – 6 drops) of our Fab & 40-ish Nighttime Renewing Face Oil onto your face.
For a more comprehensive anti-aging approach, we recommend you also follow the same procedure for your neck, décolletage, and hands.
1. For extra wrinkle-fighting power, add our Fab & 40-ish Daytime Rejuvenating Face Oil to your morning beauty routine.
2. Some people have no problem applying face oil to the skin around the eyes; however, it’s usually best to avoid applying essential oils directly on the skin around the eyes, so we recommend that you not apply our face oils to the eye area. For an inexpensive, safe, moisturizing, and age-combating oil to use around your eyes, try gently massaging a drop or two of Grapeseed oil into the skin around your eyes.
3. Our Fab & 40-ish Nighttime Renewing Face Oil is good to use any time, night or day. However, it contains Lavender Essential Oil, and Lavender Essential Oil has a natural calming effect and is most commonly used to help ward off insomnia. Therefore, it is ideal to use our Fab & 40-ish Nighttime Renewing Face Oil as part of a nightly routine that can help ensure restful sleep. For daytime use that can help invigorate and uplift you, consider our Fab & 40-ish Daytime Rejuvenating Face Oil.
- These products are formulated to be used as a topical application only. They are not for internal use or for ingestion.
- If irritation develops on the skin, thoroughly wash the area, and stop use immediately.
- Although the essential oils used in our face oils are considered safe for children over the age of two, the concentration is at 2%, a dilution that is considered too strong for children. So to ensure their safety, do not apply our face oils to children, and keep this product out of their reach.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, do not use the Fab & 40-ish Face Oils as they contain essential oils that are considered unsafe for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Grape Seed Oil, Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, and Essential Oils (Frankincense, Carrot Seed, Geranium, Lavender)
ABOUT OUR INGREDIENTS
This versatile oil has numerous essential fatty acids including Linoleic, Oleic, Stearic, Palmitic, Myristic and Lauric. It has a silky texture that is perfect for soothing away dryness, and since it won’t clog pores, it is suitable for all skin types.
Almond Oil is easily absorbed, won’t clog pores, and it promotes clear, soft, healthy-looking skin.
Jojoba Oil is derived from the seed of the jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) shrub and contains many nutritional compounds, including long-chain essential fatty acids and fatty alcohols. It is most commonly used to promote softer hair and skin, and it is ideal for all skin and hair types.
Native to tropical regions of Africa, Frankincense is derived from the Boswellia tree. When the bark is opened, a resin pours out of the tree, and through a steam distillation process, the essential oil is extracted from the resin. There are four main species of Boswellia that produce true frankincense; the one we use for our formulas is “Carterii.” Due to its ability to repair skin cells, it has many benefits for the skin, including reducing the aged appearance of mature skin, as well as the appearance of scars.
Carrot Seed EO
Carrot seed essential oil is derived from Queen Anne’s Lace, an ancestor of our common garden-variety carrot. It has a woody, earthy, and spicy-sweet aroma, and blended with carrier oils, carrot seed oil can act as a non-chemical defense against the appearance of wrinkles and environmentally stressed, dry skin.
The Lavender we use is Lavandula angustifolia, and is considered the “traditional” Lavender, originating from Bulgaria. It is high in both Linalool and Linalyl acetate, two naturally occurring constituents which are known for having many therapeutic properties. Lavender EO is often employed for its anti-inflammatory, calming, headache relieving, immune-supporting, sedative, and skin healing properties.
EG’s Geranium essential oil is derived from a plant in the family of Geraniums (to which this common name is applied liberally), but is in the genus Pelargonium, which has dozens of other cross bred cousins. To extract the essential oil, the leaves are put through a steam distillation process. Geranium has antibacterial and anti-fungal abilities, is anti-inflammatory, helps fight acne, and has anti-aging properties.
View and download the product info sheet (PDF file):
*** Please Note: none of these statements have been evaluated by the FDA, and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.