The following is important information about this product. To get the most out of your skin care purchases, please read the full description prior to use.
Our face oils do not have to be refrigerated and they are bottled in an amber-colored glass jar to prevent exposure to light; however, to ensure freshness for the duration of use, it is best to store the oils out of direct sunlight. And if you aren’t going to use the face oils up within a couple of months, we suggest keeping them refrigerated.
This product is all-natural and has a “use by” date that we calculate by using the expiration date of the oil that has the shortest expiration date. After the “use by” date, the oils can start to become ineffective or rancid, and can actually become counter-productive to the desired results. So it’s best to a) keep the bottle out of direct sunlight; b) keep refrigerated if you aren’t planning on using the product for a few months; and, c) use by the “use by” date.
Suggested Daytime Routine
1. Cleanse your face and apply toner or astringent (if needed), and then follow with your favorite moisturizer, if desired.
2. Finally, gently spread a thin layer (3 – 6 drops) of our Fab & 40-ish Daytime Rejuvenating Face Oil on your face.
For a more comprehensive anti-aging approach, we recommend you also follow the same procedure for your neck, décolletage, and hands.
1. If you use our Fab & 40-ish Anti-Aging Face Serum (highly recommended for extra wrinkle-fighting power), we suggest that you use the Daytime Rejuvenating Face Oil during the day, and then apply the face serum at night. (See the ingredients section on “Rose Hip Seed Oil” for more information.)
2. Some people have no problem applying face oil to the skin around the eyes; however, it’s usually best to avoid applying essential oils directly on the skin around the eyes, so we recommend that you not apply our face oils to the eye area. For an inexpensive, safe, moisturizing, and age-combating oil to use around your eyes, try gently massaging a drop or two of Grapeseed oil into the skin around your eyes.
3. Our Fab & 40-ish Daytime Rejuvenating Face Oil contains Sweet Orange Essential Oil, and this essential oil has a natural “uplifting” effect. Therefore, it is ideal to use our Fab & 40-ish Daytime Rejuvenating Face Oil as part of a routine that can help begin your day with an invigorating lift. For nighttime use that can help calm you, consider our Fab & 40-ish Nighttime Renewing Face Oil.
- These products are formulated to be used as a topical application only. They are not for internal use or for ingestion.
- If irritation develops on the skin, thoroughly wash the area, and stop use immediately.
- Although the essential oils used in our face oils are considered safe for children over two, the concentration is at 2%, a dilution that is considered too strong for children. So to ensure their safety, do not apply our face oils to children, and keep this product out of their reach.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, do not use the Fab & 40-ish Face Oils as they contain essential oils that are considered unsafe for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Rose Hip Seed Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, and Essential Oils (Frankincense, Carrot Seed, Sweet Orange)
ABOUT OUR INGREDIENTS
Rose Hip Seed Oil
Rose Hip Seed Oil is rich in omega-6 essential fatty acids and is used for antioxidant protection. It also aids in skin renewal and in replenishing a healthy glow.
The “Great Controversy” About Rose Hip Seed Oil & Copper Peptides
Some research indicates that Rose Hip Seed Oil retains a natural form of Vitamin C, and that since (some researchers say) Copper Peptides and Vitamin C cancel out each other’s effectiveness, then products containing Copper Peptides and Vitamin C should be used separately.
However, other researchers assert that the Vitamin C contained in Rose Hips is lost during the processing that is necessary to extract the oils.
If that weren’t enough confusion, there are even other researchers who claim that even though Rose Hip Seed Oil does, in fact, contain Vitamin C, Copper Peptide products and Vitamin C products are perfectly fine to use together.
But whatever the truth is (will we ever know…?), in order to ensure the effectiveness of our products, we hold to the adage that “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Therefore, we recommend that you do not use our Daytime Rejuvenating Face Oil with other products that contain Copper Peptides, including our Anti-Aging Face Serum. We do recommend, however, that you use our Daytime Rejuvenating Face Oil during the day, and use our Anti-Aging Face Serum at night.
This versatile oil has numerous essential fatty acids including Linoleic, Oleic, Stearic, Palmitic, Myristic and Lauric. It has a silky texture that is perfect for soothing away dryness, and since it won’t clog pores, it is suitable for all skin types.
Almond Oil is easily absorbed, won’t clog pores, and it promotes clear, soft, healthy-looking skin.
Jojoba Oil is derived from the seed of the jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) shrub and contains many nutritional compounds, including long-chain essential fatty acids and fatty alcohols. It is most commonly used to promote softer hair and skin, and it is ideal for all skin and hair types.
Native to tropical regions of Africa, Frankincense is derived from the Boswellia tree. There are four main species of Boswellia that produce true frankincense; the one we use for our formulas is “Carterii.” Due to its ability to repair skin cells, it has many benefits for the skin, including reducing the aged appearance of mature skin, as well as the appearance of scars.
Carrot Seed EO
Carrot seed essential oil is derived from Queen Anne’s Lace, an ancestor of our common garden-variety carrot. It has a woody, earthy, and spicy-sweet aroma, and blended with carrier oils, carrot seed oil can act as a non-chemical defense against the appearance of wrinkles and environmentally stressed, dry skin.
Sweet Orange EO
Orange oils are known for their versatile therapeutic properties, as well as their robust and uplifting aromas. They are a great antioxidant as well as being anti-inflammatory, two properties that make them highly desirable as additions to skin care products. Orange oils are are also wonderful antidepressants, promoting a positive and uplifting environment.
Note: unlike some of their citrusy cousins, such as Lemon Essential Oil, Sweet Orange EO is not photosensitive, so it is safe to use during the day.
View and download the product info sheet (PDF file):
*** Please Note: none of these statements have been evaluated by the FDA, and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.