The following is important information about these products. To get the most out of your skin care purchases, please read the full description prior to use.
These products are all-natural and have a “use by” date. After such date, the products can become ineffective and, in some cases, can be counter-productive to the desired results. For safety and the best possible results, use before the “use by” dates.
For longer life and best results, refrigerate the face serum immediately after receiving, and keep refrigerated.
Our face oils do not have to be refrigerated and they are bottled in an amber-colored glass jar to prevent exposure to light; however, to ensure freshness for the duration of use, it is best to store the oils out of direct sunlight. And if you aren’t going to use the face oils up within a couple of months, we suggest keeping them refrigerated.
The basic steps to skin care include: cleanser, toner, serum, moisturizer, face oil. But here’s the longer explanation.
Suggested Morning Routine
1. Cleanse your face and apply toner or astringent (if needed), and then follow with your favorite moisturizer, if desired.
2. Finally, gently spread a thin layer (3 – 6 drops) of our Fab & 40-ish Daytime Rejuvenating Face Oil onto your face.
For a more comprehensive anti-aging approach, we recommend you also follow the same procedure for your neck, décolletage, and hands.
Suggested Evening Routine
1. Cleanse your face and apply toner or astringent (if desired).
2. While your face is still damp (see the precautions for explanation), smooth a small amount of the Fab & 40-ish Anti-Aging Face Serum on your face.
(To keep your product as bacteria-free as possible for as long as possible, use a clean finger to dip the serum out of the jar; or, you can pour a small amount of the product into the palm of your hand.)
3. Allow to dry, then for best results, follow with your favorite moisturizer, if needed (as long as it is free of Vitamin C – see the precautions for explanation), and finish by gently massaging a thin layer (3 – 6 drops) of our Fab & 40-ish Nighttime Renewing Face Oil.
1. Some people have no problem applying face oil to the skin around the eyes; however, it’s usually best to avoid applying essential oils directly on the skin around the eyes, so we recommend that you not apply our face oils to the eye area. For an inexpensive, safe, moisturizing, and age-combating oil to use around your eyes, try gently massaging a drop or two of Grapeseed oil into the skin around your eyes.
2. Our Fab & 40-ish Daytime Rejuvenating Face Oil is good to use any time, night or day, as long as it is not used in conjunction with products that have Copper Peptide (see the precautions below for more info). However, this face oil contains Sweet Orange Essential Oil, and this essential oil has a natural “uplifting” effect. Therefore, it is ideal to use this face oil as part of a morning routine that can help begin your day with an invigorating lift.
3. Our Fab & 40-ish Nighttime Renewing Face Oil is good to use any time, night or day. However, it contains Lavender Essential Oil, and Lavender EO has a natural calming effect and is most commonly used to help ward off insomnia. Therefore, it is ideal to use this face oil as part of a nightly routine that can help ensure restful sleep.
1. These products are formulated to be used as a topical application only. They are not for internal use or for ingestion. If irritation develops on the skin, thoroughly wash the area, and stop use immediately.
2. Although the essential oils used in our face oils are considered safe for children over two, the concentration is at 2%, a dilution that is considered too strong for children. So to ensure their safety, do not apply our face oils to children, and keep this product out of their reach.
3. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, do not use the Fab & 40-ish Face Oils as they contain essential oils that are considered unsafe for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
4. Hyaluronic acid is a humectant, meaning it draws and holds moisture. Under most conditions, this means that when you apply it to your skin, it attracts moisture to your skin and holds it there. However, if you live in a very dry climate, the opposite can happen: the hyaluronic acid can draw moisture from your skin instead of pulling moisture to your skin from the air around you. This may also be a factor during drier winter months. Therefore, it’s important that you moisten your face with water before you use the serum, and follow with a moisturizer and/or one of our Fab & 40-ish face oils.
5. We recommend that you do not combine our Fab & 40-ish Anti-Aging Face Serum with products that contain Vitamin C, including our Fab & 40-ish Daytime Rejuvenating Face Oil. Instead, pair our Anti-Aging Face Serum with our Nighttime Renewing Face Oil, and use the Daytime Rejuvenating Face Oil separately.
(For more detailed info, see the ingredients list on “Rose Hip Seed Oil”.)
Fab & 40-ish Anti-Aging Face Serum: water, hyaluronic acid, all-natural preservative, vegetable glycerin, copper peptide
Fab & 40-ish Daytime Rejuvenating Face Oil: Rose Hip Seed Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, and Essential Oils (Frankincense, Carrot Seed, Sweet Orange)
Fab & 40-ish Nighttime Renewing Face Oil: Grape Seed Oil, Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, and Essential Oils (Frankincense, Carrot Seed, Lavender, Geranium)
ABOUT OUR INGREDIENTS
Fab & 40-ish Face Serum
We use distilled water.
Hyaluronic acid is a substance that is found naturally in the body, but as our body ages, we begin to produce less of it. Hyaluronic acid is a humectant, drawing moisture and expanding to cause a plumping effect. Among other things, when used properly, hyaluronic acid aides in hydration to the skin, and strengthens the skin’s barrier, providing antioxidant defense against free-radical damage, as well as reducing inflammation.
The hyaluronic acid we use in this formula is in powder form, is derived from plants, and is a high molecular weight hyaluronic acid (HMW-HA) between 800 kDa – 1,500 kDa. Although opinions vary, it is our opinion based on our research that HMW-HA is best for cosmetic applications.
The INCI name of the product we use is: Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate & Lactobacillus & Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract. It is used as a natural preservative, and is an all-natural, broad-spectrum antimicrobial that protects against bacteria, yeast, and mold.
Vegetable glycerin is a colorless, odorless, viscous liquid that is obtained from plants. It is also a humectant, meaning that it will help hydrate your skin and help your skin retain moisture.
Copper Peptide is a natural-occurring, potent antioxidant that helps to firm, soften, and smooth the skin. Clinical studies have found that copper peptides also remove damaged collagen and elastin from the skin, as well as scar tissue, because they activate the skin’s system responsible for those functions.
Fab & 40-ish Face Oils
This versatile oil has numerous essential fatty acids including Linoleic, Oleic, Stearic, Palmitic, Myristic and Lauric. It has a silky texture that is perfect for soothing away dryness, and since it won’t clog pores, it is suitable for all skin types.
Almond Oil is easily absorbed, won’t clog pores, and it promotes clear, soft, healthy-looking skin.
Jojoba Oil is derived from the seed of the jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) shrub and contains many nutritional compounds, including long-chain essential fatty acids and fatty alcohols. It is most commonly used to promote softer hair and skin, and it is ideal for all skin and hair types.
Rose Hip Seed Oil
Rose Hip Seed Oil is rich in omega-6 essential fatty acids and is used for antioxidant protection. It also aids in skin renewal and in replenishing a healthy glow.
The “Great Controversy” About Rose Hip Seed Oil & Copper Peptides
Some research indicates that Rose Hip Oil retains a natural form of vitamin C, and that since Copper Peptides and Vitamin C cancel out each other’s effectiveness (they say), then products containing Copper Peptides and Vitamin C should be used separately.
However, other researchers assert that the vitamin C contained in Rose Hips is lost during the processing that is necessary to extract the oils.
If that weren’t enough confusion, there are even other researchers who claim that even though Rose Hip Seed Oil does, in fact, contain Vitamin C, Copper Peptide products and Vitamin C products are perfectly fine to use together.
But whatever the truth is (will we ever know…?), in order to ensure the effectiveness of our products, we hold to the adage that “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Therefore, we recommend that you do not use our Daytime Rejuvenating Face Oil and our Anti-Aging Face Serum together. Simply use the Daytime Rejuvenating Face Oil during the day, and use the face serum at night.
Native to tropical regions of Africa, Frankincense is derived from the Boswellia tree. When the bark is opened, a resin pours out of the tree, and through a steam distillation process, the essential oil is extracted from the resin. There are four main species of Boswellia that produce true frankincense; the one we use for our formulas is “Carterii.” Due to its ability to repair skin cells, it has many benefits for the skin, including reducing the aged appearance of mature skin, as well as the appearance of scars.
Carrot Seed EO
Carrot seed essential oil is derived from Queen Anne’s Lace, an ancestor of our common garden-variety carrot. It has a woody, earthy, and spicy-sweet aroma, and blended with carrier oils, carrot seed oil can act as a non-chemical defense against the appearance of wrinkles and environmentally stressed, dry skin.
Sweet Orange EO
Orange oils are known for their versatile therapeutic properties, as well as their robust and uplifting aromas. They are a great antioxidant as well as being anti-inflammatory, two properties that make them highly desirable as additions to skin care products. Orange oils are are also wonderful antidepressants, promoting a positive and uplifting environment.
Note: unlike some of their citrusy cousins, such as Lemon Essential Oil, Sweet Orange EO is not photosensitive, so it is safe to use during the day.
The Lavender we use is Lavandula angustifolia, and is considered the “traditional” Lavender, originating from Bulgaria. It is high in both Linalool and Linalyl acetate, two naturally occurring constituents which are known for having many therapeutic properties. Lavender EO is often employed for its anti-inflammatory, calming, headache relieving, immune-supporting, sedative, and skin healing properties.
EG’s Geranium essential oil is derived from a plant in the family of Geraniums (to which this common name is applied liberally), but is in the genus Pelargonium, which has dozens of other cross bred cousins. To extract the essential oil, the leaves are put through a steam distillation process. Geranium has antibacterial and anti-fungal abilities, is anti-inflammatory, helps fight acne, and has anti-aging properties.
View and download the product info sheet (PDF file):
*** Please Note: none of these statements have been evaluated by the FDA, and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.