The following is important information about this product. To get the most out of your skin care purchases, please read the full description prior to use.
For longer life and best results, refrigerate this face serum immediately after receiving, and keep refrigerated.
This product is all-natural and has a “use by” date that is set at three months after it is made-to-order. After such date, the serum can start to become ineffective, and can actually start to become counter-productive to the desired results. So it’s best to a) use clean hands when you scoop the product from the jar; b) keep the serum refrigerated; and, c) use the product by the “use by” date.
The basic steps to skin care for your face and neck area are: cleanser, toner, serum, moisturizer, face oil. But here’s the longer explanation:
1. Cleanse your face and apply toner or astringent (if desired).
2. While your face is still damp (see the precautions for explanation), gently spread a small amount of the Fab & 40-ish Anti-Aging Face Serum on your face.
(To keep your product as bacteria-free as possible for as long as possible, use clean hands to dip the serum out of the jar; or, you can pour a small amount of the product into the palm of your hand.)
3. Allow to dry, then for best results, follow with your favorite moisturizer, if needed (as long as it is free of Vitamin C – see the precautions for explanation), and for extra wrinkle-fighting power, finish with our Fab & 40-ish Nighttime Renewing Face Oil.
For a more comprehensive anti-aging approach, we recommend you follow the same procedure for your neck, décolletage, and hands.
1. This serum is formulated to be used as a topical application only. It is not for internal use or for ingestion. If irritation develops on the skin, thoroughly wash the area, and stop use immediately.
2. Hyaluronic acid is a humectant, meaning it draws and holds moisture. Under most conditions, this means that when you apply it to your skin, it attracts moisture to your skin and holds it there. However, if you live in a very dry climate, the opposite can happen: the hyaluronic acid can draw moisture from your skin instead of pulling moisture to your skin from the air around you. This may also be a factor during drier winter months. Therefore, it’s important that you moisten your face with water before you use the serum, and follow with a moisturizer and/or one of our Fab & 40-ish face oils.
3. We recommend that you do not combine our Fab & 40-ish Anti-Aging Face Serum with products that contain Vitamin C, including our Fab & 40-ish Daytime Rejuvenating Face Oil. Instead, pair our Anti-Aging Face Serum with our Nighttime Renewing Face Oil, and use the Daytime Rejuvenating Face Oil separately.
No, nothing bad will happen if you use Copper Peptide and Vitamin C at the same time. In fact, what is likely to happen is . . . nothing!
Because some research indicates that Copper Peptide and Vitamin C act against one another and cancel out each ingredients’ effectiveness, so if you use a face product that has vitamin C, it’s probably best that you use them separately. Otherwise, you may just be wasting your money and efforts on anti-aging skin care that does nothing for you.
(For more detailed info, see the ingredients list on our Fab & 40-ish Daytime Rejuvenating Face Oil.)
water, hyaluronic acid, all-natural preservative, vegetable glycerin, copper peptide.
ABOUT OUR INGREDIENTS
We use distilled water.
Hyaluronic acid is a substance that is found naturally in the body, but as our body ages, we begin to produce less of it. Hyaluronic acid is a humectant, drawing moisture and expanding to cause a plumping effect. Among other things, when used properly, hyaluronic acid aides in hydration to the skin, and strengthens the skin’s barrier, providing antioxidant defense against free-radical damage, as well as reducing inflammation.
The hyaluronic acid we use in this formula is in powder form, is derived from plants, and is a high molecular weight hyaluronic acid (HMW-HA) between 800 kDa – 1,500 kDa. Although opinions vary, it is our opinion based on our research that HMW-HA is best for cosmetic applications.
The INCI name of the product we use is: Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate & Lactobacillus & Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract. It is used as a natural preservative, and is an all-natural, broad-spectrum antimicrobial that protects against bacteria, yeast, and mold.
Vegetable glycerin is a colorless, odorless, viscous liquid that is obtained from plants. It is also a humectant, meaning that it will help hydrate your skin and help your skin retain moisture.
Copper Peptide is a natural-occurring, potent antioxidant that helps to firm, soften, and smooth the skin. Clinical studies have found that copper peptides also remove damaged collagen and elastin from the skin, as well as scar tissue, because they activate the skin’s system responsible for those functions.
View and download the product info sheet (PDF file):
*** Please Note: none of these statements have been evaluated by the FDA, and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.